Monday, February 18, 2008

Over the weekend I did quite a bit of thinking about the future of the Club. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous I find the concept that they would close the Club to everyone but visitors to the Night Kingdom. I must admit, though, that using the Club as the departure point for the Night Kingdom guests does make some sense.

I still would prefer that they leave the Club as it is, but as long as they keep the same wonderful theming and characters I would certainly still go, even if it was in a different location.

Screamscape has posted their thoughts on the Jim Hill rumor, and they seem to have come to the same conclusion that I have. The concept seems much more likely as an after hours high end tour rather than a stand alone park. They could use the existing resort facilties with very few changes, and offer quests unusual adventures that other park goers never experience. For Disney, there wouldn't be a high investment to start the program, and they could charge a high ticket price for such a personalized experience. I know that Caradorn and I would have to try it at least once!

And honestly, if they used the Club as a jumping off point while still keeping it open for Club guests as well, that would be a good thing. So many people overlook the Club, and this would be a great way to make more people aware of it.

I always worry when I hear rumors of change at WDW. Still, not all change has been for the worse. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose - though in the mean time we'll be going to the Club as often as possible!

No comments: