Monday, June 16, 2008

Update

Last week didn't turn out quite like I thought it would, since I was sick for most of the time that The Kidd spent with my parents. Still, Caradorn and I did manage to do a few of the things that we had planned to do. And this weekend was very hectic.

*Caradorn did end up getting the ps3 Metal Gear bundle, though we still haven't hooked it up yet! If we manage to control the jungle that was our yard and still have the energy, we might do that tonight.

*"The Incredible Hulk" was good. I didn't love it as much as "Iron Man", but I did really like it. And there were lots of cute little easter eggs for Hulk fans, from a shot of Bill Bixby and an appearance by Lou Ferrigno to the one crucial line that was missing from the first Hulk movie. My favorite part was the last scene before the credits. We stayed through the credits, of course, and surprisingly there wasn't a scene after them. (Though the scene right before them did seem like more of an after-the-credits kind of thing, so maybe it was originally intended to be afterward.) None of the people I know worked on the movie but I always enjoy reading the credits anyway.

*We finally got our tickets to see Gaelic Storm in Atlanta. I'm really looking forward to it. We haven't seen them since Ellery left last year, and I'm anxious to see the new fiddler. I'm still trying to convince Caradorn that we need to go see them in Birmingham the next night as well!

*Of course, right after we got our Gaelic Storm tickets we found out that Weird Al will be in Knoxville the same day. Grrrrr. Also, the symphony will be performing Video Games Live in Louisville, KY, the day before. It would mean quite a bit of driving, but we might have to go to that anyway. Otherwise we'd have to wait until October to see it in Birmingham. And that would interfere with our family Disney trip!

*Saturday we went to Nashville and Cookeville, and Sunday we went to Knoxville. We got home yesterday evening and you would have thought we'd been gone for a month. The cats acted like they were completely starved for attention.

*It is looking like the XM/Sirius merger might be approved soon. Still no word on what that will mean for subscribers. I just hope that XM channel 4 (1940s) survives - I listen to that almost constantly when I'm home. Well, and Cinemagic, of course. I always look forward to the "Dragonheart" and "Rocketeer" soundtracks!

*I really have my work cut out for me. My parents will be visiting for the Air Show later this month, and Becky and Frank will be here for July 4. I want to finish all of our works-in-progress before their visits. I'm not sure that's even possible, but I do intend to try. Wish me luck! [(See, Becky?! - You're a good influence :)]

No comments: