Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I don't feel any older

So yesterday was my birthday. I've hit that age where I can now officially say I'm in my mid thirties. I guess I should be unhappy about it, but I don't feel any older. Of course, I already felt pretty old so that's a good thing. Well, I feel old physically. Mentally, not so much. Mentally I'm still just as immature as ever. Which is also a good thing, I think!

My friend Jack () sent me the nicest birthday wish on that other social networking site - he said he hoped my birthday consisted of nothing but Animal Crossing and Adventurers Club memories. Obviously he knows me pretty well, since those are two of my favorite things! And in fact I did end up playing Animal Crossing for quite a while yesterday. One of my animal neighbors on the game baked a cake for my character, and everyone else sent cards or gifts. Today it's snowing on the game, and fishing is always good when it snows, so I will have to play more tonight.

As for the Adventurers Club - I did think about it quite a bit yesterday. I was at Walt Disney World for my last three birthdays, and would have been there again this year if they hadn't closed the Club. Last year, we got to see Snoopy in 'It's a Wonderful Life' on the day before my birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing him in another role as soon as possible. And it was around this time last year that I finally realized how hilarious Blondie's version of Hathaway Browne really was. He sang part of 'That's Amore' to me at the Hoopla on my birthday and I still think of him every time I hear that song. So even though I missed the Club this year, I did enjoy the memories. And who knows - maybe next year I'll be able to see some of the Adventurers performing again on my birthday. Maybe there will even be a new Adventurers Club for me to enjoy.

All in all, yesterday was a very good day. Caradorn and I spent the day together. We played some video games, did some Christmas shopping and decorated a bit more for Christmas, and he even baked me some of his famous, award winning Pumpkin Bread for breakfast! We didn't do everything we had planned - the birthday Kungaloosh will have to wait till the weekend - but we still had fun.

Today, it's back to the usual grind. I've been so busy lately, and that won't get better for at least another week. My grandfather will be visiting my home for the very first time next wek and I want to finish a bunch of projects around he house before he gets here. Plus there are presents to wrap - and buy! - and decorating to finish. Also, I'm in a closed beta on the PS3 and I want to spend a little time on there today because it goes to open beta tomorrow and I'm sure it will be mobbed. And there are lots of other things I need to do, as well - it seems like everything is going on at once. But that's okay. At least I will feel like I really accomplished something if I finish everything I need to do.

And if I finish everything soon, then I can sit back and enjoy my belated birthday Kungaloosh this weekend. And given that it's supposed to finally get cold, maybe I can snuggle up in the new Snoopy sweatshirt that Caradorn got me and watch Christmas specials and enjoy the snow they're saying we might get. That would be a great belated birthday gift!

No comments: