Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm still here

I may not have been posting much lately, but I'm still here. Somehow the time just seems to be flying by much too fast and I've had trouble keeping up with real life, much less any of my blogs. We haven't even gotten all the Christmas stuff shoved back up into the attic yet, and we're in the middle of a couple of home renovation projects that I would like to finish eventually!

We went to Atlanta last weekend to see a traveling Muppet exhibition. It was neat - in addition to some actual Muppets that were on display there were sketches and paintings by Jim Henson and lots of other props. I'd love to go see it again, but since it travels around it might be a while before I get to. We saw Bert and Ernie (complete with Rubber Duckie), Rolf the Dog, a couple of Fraggles, things from the Labyrinth (though not Hoggle - they really need to reclaim him from the Unclaimed Baggage Center!) . . . lots of Muppets. Including my favorites, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths.

You might not recognize their names, but you would know Mahna Mahna and the Snowths if you saw them. They are the Muppets who sing the song that is the biggest earworm ever. You know the one? It starts with "Mahna Mahna", and then the Snowths (these hillarious hot pink cow looking things) sing "Doo DOOO doo doo doo". And it goes on for a while, with poor Mahna Mahna trying to branch out and make the song more interesting and the Snowths not letting him. That is my favorite Muppet skit, which is saying something since I love so many of the skits.

It's actually one of my favorite Adventurers Club memories, also. One of the last times we saw Snoopy as Emil he kept singing that during the Balderdash Cup and so of course the audience responded accordingly. Blondie and Blade (as Hathaway and Otis) seemed even more exasperated than usual by him, and the fact that he wouldn't stop until after we had finished the whole song seemed to drive them crazy. So now I think of Snoopy/Emil everytime I hear that song, which makes me like it even more!

We have so many things that we need to finish that we shouldn't have taken the time to go to Atlanta, but I am glad that we did. And of course Caradorn had to go to Tucson for a while which put us even more behind on everything (and he didn't even bring me an In 'N Out Burger or smoothie from Jamba Juice, but he did bring me the Citrus Squeeze Recipe so I'll forgive him, this time). "Lost" is finally back this week, so my goal is to have most of what we have to do finished by Wednesday evening. We will have our work cut out for us but I'm still hoping to manage it. Whether or not we're finished I'll be watching "Lost". And I will be back to posting regularly soon!

No comments: