Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's about time!

Well, my car is finally getting better. We had to get a new battery and a ton of different fuel additives, but it runs again. It still looks terrible, and the brakes don't seem to want to work quite right, but it's better than it was. Still a lot to do till it's back to normal, but at least we're making progress.

And better yet, my husband, DreadPirate, is taking it seriously. Finally. I know I overreacted about it, and I'm sorry about that - but I think he finally appreciates the fact that it IS a big deal to me, even if it wouldn't be to any other normal human being. He knew when we met that I wasn't a normal human being, though, so he can't claim now that he didn't know what he was getting himself into. Our curtains don't match anything in our house? Fine. The house looks like it was decorated by a fifth grader? No problem. My fingernails look like they got caught in a shredder? Who cares. But my car gets messed up or the cable goes out? It's a disaster of epic proportions. That's just par for the course in the Pirate household.

No comments: