Sunday, September 17, 2006

Now I'm a Stalker, darn it.

I got to meet one of my internet idols yesterday. DreadPirate has been reading blogs for a long time, and I just didn't see the appeal. Of course, most of the ones he reads deal with news or politics - and I get enough of both of those without seeking out even more online. I was craving bagels a while back, though, and when I did a search for one of my favorite brands to see if they were in my town yet I stumbled on internet gold. I'm still sorry there's no Einstein Bros. Bagels here (except at Target) but at least they led me to a great blog - and, you know, Brueggers is a pretty good substitute for Einstein's, though I miss their five cheese bagels.

Miss Zoot's blog is hilarious. She is the reason I actually started reading blogs, and the reason I decided to try my hand at one.

DreadPirate and I were at Target with our son after a soccer game yesterday. DreadPirate called my cell phone when I was a few aisles away from them, which I thought was weird. He said that he thought he had just seen Miss Zoot go by, and he thought I might want to go see if it really was her. I had visions of that site where people track celebrities and report where they've seen them so everyone can go gawk at them (which I hate, by the way!) and I proved I'm no better than those people cause off I went to see if I could spot her.

Sure enough, it was her! And she was just as nice in person as she seems online. I felt strange about approaching her but I'm glad I did. I have enjoyed her blog so much, and I was glad to be able to tell her that.

No comments: