Friday, October 23, 2009

And by the way. . .

    I forgot to mention that I am angry!  We went to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival during our last couple of WDW trips, and found lots of food that we enjoyed.  We bought the festival cookbook and I was browsing through it trying to decide which thing I would cook first.  Several of the dishes that we enjoyed are in the cookbook, but I've discovered that two of my favorite things from this year's festival that I had intended to cook are not in there!  I wasn't surprised to find that the Tangerine Mimosa from Morocco wasn't listed, but I think we can figure that one out on our own.  Sadly, though, the Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie from Ireland is also not listed.  That is probably not something I can figure out through trial and error, which means I'm going to have to start Googling and hope that I can find a recipe for something similar.  And I am most upset that the Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee from France isn't in there, either.  That was my favorite thing at the festival this year.  We trekked all the way through Epcot just to get that on our last trip.  I fully intended to cook it once we got home - but now I have no recipe!  I'll have to check last year's book to see if it's in there, and if not I guess I'll need to start Googling for that as well.  I've been wanting to find a good recipe for orange creme brulee since Disney changed the Soarin' creme brulee at Seasons in the Land pavillion from orange to vanilla, so I guess I will start looking for a good milk chocolate recipe as well.

    Grumble, grumble.  Oh well, I guess of all the things I could be angry about this is pretty mild.  But still, it's irritating.  I want that milk chocolate creme brulee.  And since I think it is highly unlikely that I'll be able to convince Caradorn to take me back to Epcot before the Food and Wine Festival ends (though of course I'll try!) I suppose I'm just going to have to search until I find the perfect recipe.  I imagine that will mean trying quite a few different recipes until we find the right one.  Poor us, having to suffer through lots of chocolate creme brulees.   Hmmm. . . maybe I'm not as angry about this as I thought!

No comments: