Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Bermuda Triangle of Socks

I do not understand where all the socks in this house go. The Kidd has a band concert tonight and has to wear black socks, and they are gone. All socks seems to disappear around here. I know it isn't the washer or dryer eating them, because I saw the socks in question just the other day. They were with the other clean clothes, and I remember setting them with The Kidd's other clothes to put away. Now they are gone.

Half of my socks have also vanished. The ones I can find are usually mismatched, which is especially odd because I normally buy the same kind and yet they somehow seem to have been replaced by socks that are different but similar.

Caradorn doesn't seem to be losing his but he has way more than we do so maybe he just doesn't realize that he has fewer than before.

Maybe one of the animals is dragging them away somewhere and someday we'll find a giant nest of socks hidden behind some piece of furniture. Darth does constantly attempt to drag blankets away somewhere, and socks are much easier to carry off, so maybe I need to keep a better eye on him.

Now I have to go buy more black socks before tonight, and I have too many other things to do! I have to find and charge the video camera, clean the guest room since my parents will be visiting, make the kitchen look a little less like it should be condemned . . . plus so many other things that there is no hope that I will finish it all. These socks may be the last straw- I might have some kind of breakdown and spend the rest of my life just staring blankly and muttering about missing socks. Either that or I'll start carrying them with me everywhere so they can't wander off. Or something. I'll figure it out tonight, if I make it through the rest of the day. Wish me luck!

No comments: