Monday, November 03, 2008

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

On Friday Caradorn sent me a text that said "Joe Perry came out today." I just sat there looking at the phone trying to make the words make sense. First I thought maybe I was thinking of the wrong Joe Perry, that there was some other Joe Perry somewhere that I ought to have heard of that would have come out.

Finally I decided that he must actually be talking about the Joe Perry. I love Aerosmith - I go see them in concert every chance I get. I turn into a silly fangirl when they first come out on stage, jumping up and down and squealing. It's really sad, but I'm sure they're used to that sort of thing.

Other celebrities I like have come out before, and it doesn't really matter to me. Unless it's someone I'm actually romantically interested in I figure it doesn't matter who else they'd be interested in. So when Neil Patrick Harris and T. R. Knight came out I didn't consider it big news. I wasn't terribly surprised about either of them, though.

Joe Perry, on the other hand, is another story. I kept looking at the text and trying to figure out how I could have had no idea that he was gay. I just didn't believe it at all.

Finally I got the next text from Caradorn, which said " . . . in support of John McCain."

I found that almost as shocking as the first text. Aren't all those rocker types supposed to be all liberal? But at least he's still interested in girls, so the crush I had on him years ago wasn't a completely lost cause.

I'm somewhat relieved. Now I can still threaten to run off with Joe Perry someday if I catch Caradorn eyeing some redhead. :)

No comments: