Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Few Quick Notes

There are so many things I've been meaning to post about that I thought I'd borrow a page from Miss Zoot and go with the whole bullet thing today rather than tiny little posts all day.

-Speaking of Miss Zoot, today is the big day! AndyZ will be born today. I am so happy for the Zoot family. Not that I'll be checking for updates obsessively today, or anything. I haven't checked in at least 5 minutes.

-I forgot to update about the symphony! We went to see the local Symphony do "A Night of Fantasy and Fairy Tales", which mostly consisted of famous movie songs and Ashman/Menkin pieces. It was great. I really enjoyed seeing Jodi Benson sing. The songs from The Little Mermaid were great, of course, but oddly my favorite part was the medley from "Little Shop of Horrors". I also enjoyed the tenor - can't remember his name, but he used to be Raul in Phantom of the Opera. The Kidd was thrilled with the Star Wars music they played, and the fact that there were several people in Star Wars costumes there.

-Not only did HB196 not pass, it didn't even get heard. Not too surprised, really, but only around 220 things out of 1500 did get heard, which surprised everyone. I wonder if the senators will be surprised when the next election rolls around? People are furious with them, and I think they need to start getting their resumes in order.

-Jake Gyllenhaal has been cast as the lead in the upcoming "Prince of Persia" film. ??? I was hoping for Orlando Bloom or someone like him. Jake seems like an odd choice.

-No we still have not finished all the yard work. We ended up buying even more plants, and thought we have planted most of them, we still lack some. Plus, the passionflower has finally come back. I have to transplant that from the front yard to the butterfly garden this weekend or I risk losing everything that we've planted in the front beds. That stuff is great for butterflies but it's almost as bad as kudzu when it comes to taking over everything. Last year in the space of one WDW trip it escaped the flower bed and started to engulf the house!

-Indiana Jones! Indiana Jones! Indiana Jones!!! Today is the day. Well, tomorrow, but we would have to be at the theater today for the midnight showing. The Kidd still hasn't seen "Last Crusade" yet, though, so we have to finish it before "Crystal Skull". We'll see the new one by tomorrow, at least.

-Wii Fit is supposed to be out today and I am really looking forward to it. I spent several years being as inactive as possible because of my headaches, and now that I'm finally feeling better I'm trying to become more active again. It's much more difficult than I expected; I can't believe how out of shape I've gotten, and anything that gets me moving is a good thing!

-Today is the last full day of school for the Kidd this year. He is so excited. I hope he is still happy when he realizes that summer does not mean all video games all the time. We 're going to try to have a more productive summer this year, including getting some more "smilies" for our geocaching. There are bunches of caches within walking distance of our house, and I want to find all of them before them end of the summer. Maybe we'll even hide some of our own this year!

-The trip. . . I think the trip deserves its own post. Stay tuned for that! :)

-Between both blogs and the message boards I'm on, I sometimes forget what I've posted where. If you see any weird duplications, blame my faulty memory!

No comments: