Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick! Run to the store!

It's Tuesday, and we all know what that means. New DVDs! For someone who doesn't like shopping, I do seem to buy lots of things. Movies, music, books, games, watches, pajamas and action figures are the things I buy most often. (Yes, action figures. I've already admitted to being a geek and being very juvenile - what do you expect?!) I have very little self control when it comes to all of those.

Today I have to head over to Target because Iron Man is out. Target has a neat case for it that looks like the Iron Man mask, so of course we have to get that! I'm going to get the Blu-ray version because it's just such a pretty movie. ;) If you haven't seen Iron Man yet, go buy it! You'll love it. If you have? Go buy it! You know you want to watch it again!

In other news:

-We had fun at Big Spring Jam. .38 Special was my favorite act - they were really good. Sister Hazel did a cover of "Your Love" and it was uncanny how much it sounded like the original. I had to hop online as soon as we got home to be sure that none of them had been members of The Outfield, but they weren't. I'm sure we'll go back next year, unless "Con-Galoosh" actually happens that weekend. That's the Adventurers Club Con that some people are trying to plan. If that works out we may have to do that instead.

-Maybe by next year we'll be celebrating the new Adventurers Club. I'm not giving up hope yet. As sorry as I was to miss the End of the Club (for now) I think I'm glad we didn't go. I couldn't have listened to Snoopy singing Jonathan Coultons "When You Go" without crying. (I couldn't listen to Jonathan singing it without crying once I heard that Snoopy had sung it!) I have mixed feelings about the fact that Otis won the final Cup. On one hand, I would have voted for Emil just because that's what the cast wanted. On the other hand, I see why everyone wanted Otis to win. I don't think it would have happened if anyone else had been Otis, but everyone loves Blondie so much and his Otis is a crowd favorite.

-I'm not happy that so many people are using the Adventurers real names now. It's one thing when they use the names in public themselves, like a couple of them here on Myspace, but some are very private and I can't imagine they want everyone posting their names everywhere. Maybe I would feel differently if I hadn't already known the names of my favorites, because it does certainly make it easier to follow their work when you know their names. Still, I intend to keep using nicknames until/unless they make it clear that they would prefer to be referred to by name.

-I was relieved to hear that most of my very favorite Adventurers are staying with Disney. Though I don't intend to set foot in Downtown Disney again (with the possible exception of DisneyQuest as long as it's there), I do still love the parks and I'm sure we'll keep going to them while we're in Orlando. It will be nice to see Blondie, Lancelot, Blade, Cheeks and Snoopy there. And maybe Disney is trying to be sure they still have the cast on hand for when they bring back the Club! (I know, I know, but if I'm in denial just let me stay there.) Plus, I was really afraid they'd leave Orlando entirely and I would hate that. Now that I know what great actors they are I want to see them perform more!

-Tonight on XPlay they're giving away beta keys for Little Big Planet so I'm hoping to get one. I'm looking forward to that game.

-Rock Band 2 seems much easier than Rock Band did. This past weekend Moustache Hat unlocked quite a bit and 5 starred most songs. We even played on "expert" some and didn't fail! I still don't see how real drummers do it - my arms felt like noodles after we played.

-New Weird Al song! He just posted a blog that he'll have a new song on itunes next week. Yay! I love Weird Al.

-It finally feels like fall. The high here on Thursday is supposed to be in the 60s. I love fall weather. I also love fall foods, and now I have the mad urge to start cooking soups and stews and pumpkin flavored everything. I've already started decorating for Halloween, even though it's much too early for that. I did notice that a few stores are already putting Christmas stuff out, which seems crazy. Can't we just enjoy fall for a while first?!

Time to head out to get Iron Man!

No comments: