Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Antici. . .pation

As you may remember if you read my blog while I was over on Myspace, I was a huge fan of the Adventurers Club at Walt Disney World until it closed last September. Caradorn and I used to go there as often as we possibly could, and when the closure was announced we tried desperately to convince the idiots who decided to close it to change their minds. Sadly we were unsuccessful, though the Club still stands in Orlando and could be reopened tomorrow if the folks in charge came to their senses. Rumor has it that the building will be removed sometime in October - but I try not to think about that since it breaks my heart to know that it will be gone for good after that. They could still decide to bring it back in another location sometime in the future, though. (And hopefully not just in China, where they are supposedly going to open an Adventurers Club restaurant.) Maybe we'll be able to go Adventuring in a new Adventurers Club someday. We do have one last Adventure to look forward to in Orlando and I am really excited about it.

It's less than two months now until ConGaloosh, the Adventurers Club convention that Caradorn and I are going to. We've really missed the Club over the last ten months and are looking forward to seeing the fans and cast members again in September. And of course I am most looking forward to the evening that we will be spending in the Club itself. There will be a couple of Library shows that night, and I am really looking forward to seeing who will be playing the different characters. There are so many cast members that we would love to see again at the Club, and not enough roles for all of them, so I know we won't see everyone we would like to see.

One of my very favorite cast members is in a musical at another Orlando theater during September, which I am afraid probably means he won't be appearing during ConGaloosh. His Hathaway was always my favorite, and I loved his Fletcher Hodges and Emil Bleehall as well - I had hoped to see one of them at the Club while we were there. We do plan to go see his musical while we are in Orlando, but a visit to the Club just won't be the same without Snoopy there. We do love seeing him performing elsewhere, though, and I'm glad we'll get to see him during the ConGaloosh trip even if he isn't at the Club. He is always fun to watch in any role, and I've never seen the musical that he's going to be appearing in, so I am looking forward to seeing it. I'd rather see him at the Club and in the musical, though!

I'm fairly certain that my other favorite performer from the Club will be there that night, and I've even heard a rumor that he'll be wearing leather. I love Blondie as Hathaway, so I would be thrilled if he was playing that role during ConGaloosh. Of course I also love him as Otis, so I'd be quite happy with that as well. And he's great as Emil, and Fletcher and even Graves for that matter, so as long as he's at the Club I'll be happy no matter what role he's in.


Whoever ends up appearing at the Club, I'm sure I will be happy to see them again. For now, I am enjoying trying to guess who will be in which role. Looking forward to an evening at the Club is almost as much fun as actually being there, and I am enjoying all the anticipation leading up to ConGaloosh.

No comments: