Monday, August 10, 2009

Tired

Today has not been a good day. It has been one of those days where I would like to go back to bed and stay there - possibly forever. I've been really frustrated with several things and I am really irritated with a few people, and everything just feels like too much today.

In addition to all the other things that are going on, I am finally facing that fact that a few of my friends are really more like acquaintances at best these days. I know that people change and grow apart, but it still makes me a little bit sad to realize that these people with whom I share all kinds of memories aren't really a part of my life any longer and won't ever be again.

And on top of those things, I still am not sleeping much. I think I slept for 3 or 4 hours last night, but not for more than a half hour or so at a time. I am just so tired. . .and I've gotten overly emotional as a result. The other night I stayed up watching a sappy movie and crying over it. It was silly chick flick, and at one point I was totally sobbing over it. I was the only one awake and I was trying to be quiet, and I was just crying and watching this stupid movie that wasn't even that sad, but somehow it seemed like every scene was just heartbreaking. That's not like me at all, and I hate being this way.

I'm just. . . tired. And frustrated. And angry. And fed up. And I want to just scream at someone or throw things or something. And that isn't like me, either. I am hoping that once I finally start sleeping well again that my outlook will improve and I'll feel more like myself. But of course the things that are bothering me today will still be around then. Maybe by then I'll be better equipped to deal with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about realizing that some people are just not going to be as close as they once were. With us, I'd like to change that. We both have wonderful families that have a lot in common. We should take advantage of that more often. What do you think?

'Jack'

Skurvy said...

'Jack'! I agree completely. I saw you will be at FFF - maybe we'll see you at Spoonful. :)