Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Could be worse.

The city tree people came by today and informed me they will be trimming a maple in my yard to keep it away from the power lines. Last time they really butchered it, so I am not pleased by this. In addition, they let me know that they intend to inject some sort of chemical into the ground by the tree to retard it's growth. I don't think I like that idea, either.

This afternoon The Kidd informed me that one of his new teachers had assigned him a project to do by tomorrow. I was sort of surprised, since it's just the second day of school. I was really surprised that she expects it to be turned in tomorrow. This is the sort of project that most teachers would allow at least two or three days to do. Still, I think it's good for The Kidd to learn to work under pressure so I wouldn't have said anything to him about finding it somewhat unreasonable. However. It turns out that this particular project requires lots of supplies that we don't normally have lying around the house (though after this I think I will try to keep some around) but more importantly they were not on the supply list. So this afternoon we were scrambling trying to get everything he needed. He did finish fairly quickly once he got the supplies, but I am not pleased that I had to go get all that stuff on such short notice. I really hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence with this teacher, since most afternoons are much busier than today was.

And of course I still feel like a zombie. I have even cut out caffeine in the evenings and still I can't sleep until the wee hours of the morning. Since I have to be up by 6:00 to make sure The Kidd is getting ready for school, I am not getting a whole lot of quality sleep. I think I'm going to start running again tomorrow (I was taking a bit of a break) in the hopes that I will be so exhausted afterward that I'll be able to sleep.

But at least I am having a better day than the girl in this video. And my day is better after watching the video - I found it quite amusing. Especially since I know a few girls like this one.

No comments: