Friday, July 03, 2009

Finally!

Caradorn, The Kidd and I decided at the last minute that we really wanted to spend the Fourth of July in Orlando. We called just to see if there were rooms left, fully expecting that they would be fully booked. Shockingly, they weren't. Even more surprising, to me at least, was the fact that the rates were quite reasonable. And so here we are!

This morning we went to Seaworld and rode the Manta. I love roller coasters but I do tend to get nervous before my first ride on a new coaster and by the time we were about to board I was practically hyperventilating. But then someone from the single rider line joined our row, and he was Irish. There was some sort of delay and it seemed like we stood there forever waiting to board but I didn't mind since I was busy trying to keep Irish Guy talking. He was so fun to listen to that I stayed distracted until we finally boarded and took off. During the ride he kept yelling "Fabulous!" which struck me as really funny for some reason. The ride was great - we all loved it, even Irish Guy.

After Seaworld we headed over to Epcot. We grabbed lunch and did some shopping (yay, Vinylmations and Japanese candy!) And of course we went to see "What's Your Problem?" again since we saw Snoopy in there. It's funny - I had a hard time making myself speak to my favorite Adventurers while they were at the Club. I liked them, but they made me horribly nervous. I've spoken to them all far more in our trips since the Club closed than I ever did while it was open. I still wish we could be at the Club tonight, but I do enjoy seeing the former cast around the World (and Orlando) while we are here.

Tomorrow is the Fourth, and we will spend the morning back in Epcot trying to ride Test Track and Soarin, and seeing if there are any familiar faces in the United Kingdom. And then tomorrow evening is the part of the trip I was most looking forward to - Black Ship Sky will be playing at a Fourth of July benefit. We haven't seen them live before and I am very excited about finally seeing them play. I am hoping that Lancelot will be there, since we somehow haven't seen him at all since the Club closed. The last concert we almost went to he didn't perform at, but hopefully he will be there tomorrow. Either way, it will be great to see the band. Finally!

And of course the whole time we are here I will be pointing out all the reasons we should move here, and Caradorn will be pointing out all the reasons it's good we don't live here. But that's one argument I am confident I will win - though it might take a few years. :) After all, I have the lure of the Space Coast on my side and what Rocket Scientist can resist the call of the Space Coast?!

For now, though, I'll just enjoy vacationing here as often as possible. . . and finally seeing Black Ship Sky performing. I think this is going to be a very good Fourth of July. And I hope it's a good one for you, as well. Happy Independence Day!

No comments: